Return to gamma-absorption RoboLab Exercise main page
On this page we collect information from teachers and students who have used the RoboLab gamma-absorption exercise. If you want to contribute (please do!) you can enter the information yourself (provided you have write rights) or e-mail it to Jon Petter Omtvedt (email@example.com
) and he will put it here.
Feedback and ideas after a test session on 12th January 2018 involving Lucy Platts
(NNL) and Jon Petter Omtvedt
- The exit button stops the program, which can confuse the next user since it stops the program (next user has to click on the run arrow, which experience have shown is not always the intuitive thing to do). We should add a "log out" button which do not stops the program, but returns to the log-on tab.
- When the counting stop after the preset time has expired, the user must click on the stop button before being able to start a new count. This is a program error and should be fixed.
- The Help tab is empty - it should be filled with useful information!
- When the sledges overrun their intended position, the system frequently lose track of where the sledge is. It can be confusing to get the system behaving reasonably unless one knows the details of how the pneumatic works. A help message should automatically appear if the system do now know where the sledge is (there is no green position light) which tells the user how to proceed.
- It would also be beneficial to have a log book that automatically records the results (number of counts after the set time period).