Before you start doing the RoboLab neutron-activation of Ag exercise, you should perform the following exercises and tasks to ensure you are well prepared:
Use an on-line database, your nuclear chart, or other data sources to find the following information:
- Which stable isotopes do silver consist of?
- What are their isotopic aboundances?
- Which nuclei will be produced when the stable silver-isotopes are irradiated with thermal neutrons? (include both meta-stable and ground states)
- Which two isotopes and states will be dominant (e.g. the major source of radioactivity)?
- We use a NaI(Tl) gamma-detector. Which gamma-rays will be observed? What is the corresponding gamma-intensity?