Section of Radiochemistry
Institute of Chemistry
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural sciences
University of Oslo
- To understand the relationship between amount of radioactive material and decay rate.
- To understand the relationship between count rate and decay rate.
- To understand the uncertainty in measured number of counts and be able to calculate the uncertainty in numbers derived from such numbers.
- Be able to use a radioactivity detector.
- To know and understand the basic principles for work with open radioactive sources.
- Be able to conduct contamination checks.
Explanation and Exercise Guide
Introduction to Statistics
Geiger-Müller Counter and Counting Efficiency
Preparation of an Uraniumoxide Sample
Questions for the Students
Questions for Introduction to Radiochemistry
safety rules in radiochemistry
Geiger-müller counter and associated equipment
Uranium oxide or similar source
A filter holder that can be coupled to a vacuum suction
A high precision scale
A low precision scale
cardboard card with a hole punched through which fits your filter
Preparation for the lab Supervisor
Preparation for Introduction to Radiochemistry
Feedback from Users and Supervisors
Please leave suggestions and feedback in the comments.
Pages Linked to this site