Back to Main
From analyzing the decay curves for the different irradiation times (12, 24, 48, 72, and 144 s) you should have five R0
values for each of the isotopes.
- Plot the R0 values as a function of irradiation time (use Origin or similar software).
- Assume that the R0 for the 110Ag irradiation is exact. Use this value to determine the product of the detector-efficiency and neutron flux. In the following, use this value as "true" whenever you need the product.
- Use the weight of the silver plate to determine the number of target atoms (silver atoms).
- Now calculate the ''theoretical'' points for the nine other R0 points.
- How does your theoretical and experimentally measured points agree?