Back to main
- What 234Th activity would you expect to find in a 0.25 g sample of uranyl nitrate (UO2(NO3)2.6H2O)?
- What mass of 234Th is this equivalent to?
- Calculate a relative standard deviation for the counts.
- What is the main reason for the seemingly very low efficiency of counting?
- What is the major sources of error in this experiment?
- Calculate a percentage yield for the experiment using the answer from Q1.
- If you assume the counting efficiency of the GM is around 8%, what does that make your yield?